[Openstack] Attaching FloatingIP to VM

Rahul Sharma rahulsharmaait at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 20:16:18 UTC 2013

Hi Guilherme,

If you will source these credentials, then you will be able to perform
operations on admin tenant and not on the demo tenant. For demo tenant, you
need to change the OS_TENANT_NAME to demo. You would have created networks
and ports using these credentials during installation, now you would be
able to assign floating-ip's to vm's or ports of tenant "admin". For demo
user, you need to share that network with demo  tenant. Try and check if it
works. Floating-ip is from the external network and it would be shared. If
it doesn't work, try deleting the existing networks and creating again
using UI if possible.

--Rahul

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 1:05 AM, Guilherme Russi <luisguilherme.cr at gmail.com