[Openstack] Attaching FloatingIP to VM

Guilherme Russi luisguilherme.cr at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 14:27:34 UTC 2013

Hello all, I'm facing problems when allocating floatingip to VMs, they
through the dashboard they return me "Error: Malformed request url (HTTP
400)" and through the CLI when I try quantum floatingip-associate
<floatingip-id> <port-id> it returns "Bad floatingip request: Port
<port-id> is associated with a different tenant than Floating IP
<floatingip-id> and therefore cannot be found."

When I request quantum floatingip-list it shows my floating ips, and I've
never faced this error before and had no luck look through the internet.

Can anybody help me? If necessary I can provide some logs.

Thank you all.

Regards.

Guilherme.