[Openstack] openstack instance does not make use of all of disk space of flavor

sam lee lixq2000 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 04:00:13 UTC 2013

I have created a new instance with Ubuntu 11.10 with 80G disk space, but
when I log into the instance and execute "df -h" the space show as attached
dfh.png. and the output of "fdisk -l" as fdisk.png.

I want vda taking all of the space and  do two steps as below:

1. fdisk /dev/vda, and create a extended partition
2. mkfs.ext4 /dev/vda1. ==> It will report "/dev/vda is is use"

Is this right? If not, what is the correct way to taking all of the space?

Thanks in advance.