[Openstack] Why GlusterFS should not be integrated with OpenStack

Maciej Gałkiewicz macias at shellycloud.com
Tue Sep 10 14:28:09 UTC 2013

On 10 September 2013 16:16, Diego Parrilla Santamaría
<diego.parrilla.santamaria at gmail.com> wrote:
> BTW, what are you running then? Ceph?

Yep. Cinder integrates quite well with it. Ceph has really great
support and is developed in very organized manner. What I love about
it is flexibility and maintenance. Both implemented in very friendly
way for sysadmin.

I am also using glusterfs but for different purposes. I hope to
replace it with cephfs when it will be production ready. What I
dislike in Glusterfs is it's stability. Many times it was not working
as expected during brick replacement which is crucial for me. I am
taking about version 3.3.0 or previous. Management of many glusterfs
volumes generated many problems for me:( I am looking forward to test
3.4.0.

regards
--
Maciej Gałkiewicz