[Openstack] [Quantum] dhcp-agent stops updating dnsmasq

Jonathan Proulx jon at jonproulx.com
Mon Sep 9 20:43:04 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 4:27 PM, Édouard Thuleau <thuleau at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jon,
>
> Effectively, a bug [1] was identified. When DHCP agent is down because its
> overloaded, Neutron agent will not send update to that agent and doesn't
> raise the problem.
> I submitted small patch to a warning log but I abandoned it to propose
> another one (not yet finish) which will raise an exception and destroy the
> created port.
>
> [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1185916
>
> Édouard.

That does seem to be the case, at least the symptoms match.

Based on the comments you made on that bug is sounds like increasing
"agent_down_time" should help with this?  I had already increased from the
default 5sec to 20sec going to try a full minute and see if the incidence
of problems decreases.

Thanks,
-Jon