[Openstack] Havana-3 development milestone available

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Sep 6 15:59:29 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

The last milestone in the Havana development cycle, "havana-3" is now
available for Keystone, Glance, Nova, Horizon, Neutron, Cinder,
Ceilometer, and Heat. In the last 7 weeks, more than 200 features were
added and more than 750 bugs fixed (!).

You can see the full list of new features and fixed bugs, as well as
tarball downloads, at:

https://launchpad.net/keystone/havana/havana-3
https://launchpad.net/glance/havana/havana-3
https://launchpad.net/nova/havana/havana-3
https://launchpad.net/horizon/havana/havana-3
https://launchpad.net/neutron/havana/havana-3
https://launchpad.net/cinder/havana/havana-3
https://launchpad.net/ceilometer/havana/havana-3
https://launchpad.net/heat/havana/havana-3

This milestone is nearly feature-complete. A few exceptions should land
next week, but those projects are otherwise feature-frozen in
preparation of the first Havana release candidate.

We should now all switch to testing and bugfixing mode for the next
weeks, and make Havana as bug-free as we can. The release-critical bugs
will be tracked on the havana-rc1 milestone pages. Once all those bugs
are fixed and the first release candidates are out, the next development
cycle (Icehouse) will start. Final coordinated release is expected on
October 17th.

More information on the OpenStack development cycle can be found at:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Release_Cycle

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)