[Openstack] Anyone using openstack nova/vmware api?

Shawn Hartsock hartsocks at vmware.com
Wed Sep 4 23:30:19 UTC 2013

nova.virt.vmwareapi is the package that holds the VMware drivers. There are two drivers one for ESX and one for vCenter. The two products are known collectively as vSphere which is part of the larger VMwareAPI suite. So, sometimes the documentation refers to ESX, ESXi, vCenter, VC, vSphere, and VMwareAPI. It depends on precisely what you are trying to do when.

You'll find official documentation here:
    http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/admin/content/vmware.html

# Shawn Hartsock