[Openstack] can instances be resized?

Mark Chaney mail at lists.macscr.com
Mon Sep 2 13:56:16 UTC 2013

Ok, there seems to be a lot of conflicting information out there. Some
people are saying its possible, some people are saying the kvm gets
destroyed first and pretty much created from scratch, and others are
saying its possible with xenserver. FYI, I will be using KVM.

Without any crazy workarounds or custom templates, can Openstack resize
kvm linux guests and keep data in tack? This is something I have to do
quite often with my xen (xen.org) cluster that is managed with cloudmin,
so its a very important feature to me that I can continue to be able to
do it when switching to kvm/openstack.

Thanks everyone for your time!

-Mark