[Openstack] Openstack and VDI

Georgy Okrokvertskhov gokrokvertskhov at mirantis.com
Thu Oct 31 00:13:51 UTC 2013

Hi Stephane,

What OS you want to use for virtual desktop?
For Windows I can recommend standard Windows Server 2012 VDI pools of
Windows XP\7\8 managed via Murano OpenStack. You can use VMS proprietary
tools to improve VDI performance.

For Linux OS VDI with OpenStack support might be tricky part but still you
can use Murano workflows for VDI management and provision. We are workign
with different VDI vendors but they do not provide opensource\free
solutions though.

Thanks
Georgy

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 2:51 PM, Stephane EVEILLARD <
stephane.eveillard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm currently looking for VDI implementation with openstack, but I just
> can't find open source
> implementation . Is there any open source based VDI or will it appear in
> future release ?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> --
> Stéphane EVEILLARD
> Responsable Système et Développement IBS NETWORK
> Coordinateur Version Française Openstack

Georgy Okrokvertskhov
Technical Program Manager,
Cloud and Infrastructure Services,
Mirantis