[Openstack] Openstack and VDI

Curtis serverascode at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 22:48:38 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 3:51 PM, Stephane EVEILLARD
<stephane.eveillard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm currently looking for VDI implementation with openstack, but I just
> can't find open source
> implementation . Is there any open source based VDI or will it appear in
> future release ?

We are using Apache VCL and a custom open source VCL module to provide
a VDI-lite service with OpenStack as the back end. I say VDI-lite
because it mostly provides a virtual computing lab, we don't currently
use it for staff and such, but it does pool Windows instances and
provide RDP access, etc.

I don't know of any other systems but would be interested to hear about them. :)

Thanks,
Curtis.

> thanks in advance
>
> --
> Stéphane EVEILLARD
> Responsable Système et Développement IBS NETWORK
> Coordinateur Version Française Openstack

Twitter: @serverascode
Blog: serverascode.com