[Openstack] Security Groups rules applied but ignored...

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 00:03:20 UTC 2013

Okay, I think I got it...

Nova should proxy 'Security Groups' calls to Neutron (and not do it by
itself), so, it must have:

--- nova.conf ---
firewall_driver = nova.virt.firewall.NoopFirewallDriver
security_group_api = neutron
---

At Neutron OVS Agent (ovs_neutron_plugin.ini), you must set:

---
firewall_driver =
neutron.agent.linux.iptables_firewall.OVSHybridIptablesFirewallDriver
---

Source:
http://docs.openstack.org/havana/install-guide/install/apt/content/install-neutron.install-plugin.ovs.html

BUT, it doesn't work.

All my Security Groups rules are just being ignored. They are all applied
at the Compute Node OVS ports but, no effect at all.

Thanks!
Thiago