[Openstack] Can't connect to RabbitMQ

Mon Oct 28 18:40:35 UTC 2013

Hello,

I've installed OpenStack on a Ubuntu 12.04 VM according to the install guide.
It worked fine until I created the compute node on a second VM and tried to set
up nova networking:

http://docs.openstack.org/havana/install-guide/install/apt/content/nova-network.html

# nova network-create vmnet --fixed-range-v4=10.0.0.0/24 --bridge-
interface=br100 --multi-host=T

just does nothing until canceled. I tried on the controller and compute1 node.

nova-api.log shows:

ERROR nova.openstack.common.rpc.common AMQP server on controller:5672 is
unreachable: Socket closed. Trying again in 1 seconds.
INFO nova.openstack.common.rpc.common Reconnecting to AMQP server on
controller:5672

controller:~# netstat -lpn | grep beam
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:36595           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
1045/beam
tcp6       0      0 :::5672                 :::*                    LISTEN
1045/beam

It listens on this port, but IPv6. IMO on linux listing on an IPv6 port also
means listening on the same v4 port.

What's wrong with the installation?

Thanks a lot!

Florian