[Openstack] Key Injection not working after upgrading from Grizzly to Havana

Bill Owen billowen at us.ibm.com
Sat Oct 26 00:43:29 UTC 2013

I've just updated my test environment to stable-havana.

I have booted vm instances with Fedora and Ubuntu images with a key_name
specified:
$ nova boot --key_name  key  <vm-name> --image <image-id> --flavor 2
test_vm

After the image becomes active, I try to ssh to the image, but get an error
message:
$ ssh -i key.pem fedora@<vm-ip-addr>
Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic).

I tried using keys/images that worked in grizzly, as well as newly created
keys and new images following the instructions in the install docs:
http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/install-guide/install/apt/content/nova-boot.html

I don't see anything about changes in this area in release notes.  Any
suggestions on what I might be missing or how to debug would be
appreciated!
In particular, is there a way to increase debug logging so I can see when
it tries to do the key injection on the new vm?

FWIW, cirros image boots and I can ssh/login using cirros user and
password.

Thanks,
Bill Owen
billowen at us.ibm.com