[Openstack] Migrate instances/tenants between clouds

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 19:07:48 UTC 2013

Hi!

You can try this to copy your Cinder Volumes (if LVM based):

* At your new Cinder Volume server (new cinder-volumes LVM), run:

root at cinder-volumes-server-1~# *nc -l 7000 | dd
of=/dev/mapper/cinder-volumes-volume_id bs=32768*

* From old cinder volume host (where your cinder-volume LVM resides):

root at cinder-volumes-old-server-1~# *dd
if=/dev/mapper/cinder-volumes-volume_id bs=32768 | nc
cinder-volumes-server-1 7000*

Source: http://toast.djw.org.uk/tarpipe.html

If they are located within the same subnet/mask (netcat traffic), this will
run pretty fast!

Best,
Thiago