[Openstack] Very slow connectivity from within tenant network - GRE

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 08:32:41 UTC 2013

Stackers,

I'm trying to put my Havana into production and I'm facing a very strange
problem.

The Internet connectivity from tenant's subnet is very, very slow. It is
useless in fact... I can not even use "apt-get update" from a Instance.

The following command works (apt update from the tenant namespace):

---
root at net-node-1:~# ip netns exec qrouter-XXXXXXXXX aptitude update
---

But not from the tenant subnet...

I'm following this topology:

http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/install-guide/install/apt/content/section_use-cases-tenant-router.html

Already tried to change MTUs (via DHCP agent)... Nothing had fixed this
weird issue.

Any thoughts?!

Right now, my "aptitude safe-upgrade" will take 2 days to download 60MB...
During this network outages, even the SSH session stops responding for a
few seconds...

Everything else seems to be working as expected, as for example, DHCP,
Floating IPs, Security Groups...

Sometimes, even the first ssh connection to the Instance Floating IP, have
a lag.

Thanks!
Thiago