[Openstack] Proposal: USer GRoup, University, Academy Program and Student

Frans Thamura frans at meruvian.org
Tue Oct 22 04:15:22 UTC 2013

Hi All

based on our last discussion about student program, mau be student
ambasador, and working with user group or not..

i think we should make several thing, esp the Tutorial in OpenStack,
become mainstream in the future, thx for Kavit that gave this again..

http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/training-guide/content/bk001-associate-training-guide.html

based on my experience in user group development in java, user group
and material education become key point to grow community and user and
brand.

i propose we have 3 program , user group program, university program
and academy program, and i think student ambasador will work special
in all of them

1. student in user group help evangelism, and meet up
2. university, they can become trainer , my opinion university also
can held in company as training center.
3. academy program, mostly embed the material above and openstack
under curriculum, inside lab as school practicum.

what do u think?

NB: i cc to the general, because i think several partner of openstack
do training also, like morphlab , redhat etc.. let them also create
their own univ and academy and their own brand oriented user group