[Openstack] [openstack-dev] Does openstack have a notification system that will let us know when a server changes state ?

Sandy Walsh sandy.walsh at RACKSPACE.COM
Sun Oct 20 16:32:13 UTC 2013

Notifications work great.

Actually StackTach has a web interface where you can watch the notifications coming through in real-time. We're slowing trying to get Ceilometer to have this functionality.

StackTach works with Nova and Glance events currently.

https://github.com/rackerlabs/stacktach

Here is a video of how to use it (and the cmdline interface to it Stacky)

http://www.sandywalsh.com/2012/10/debugging-openstack-with-stacktach-and.html

And, if you're a roll-your-own kinda guy, I have a bare-bones Olso-based notifier service here you can look at to see how it works:

https://github.com/SandyWalsh/amqp_sandbox

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions about it.

Notifications are awesome.

-S