[Openstack] Does openstack have a notification system that will let us know when a server changes state ?

openstack learner openstackleaner at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 18:56:38 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I am using the openstack python api. After I boot an instance, I will keep
polling the instance status to check if its status changes from BUILD to
ACTIVE.

My question is:

does openstack have a notification system that will let us know when a vm
changes state (e.g. goes into ACTIVE state)? then we won't have to keep on
polling it  when we need to know the change of the machine state.

Thanks
xin