[Openstack] Call for help: Havana Install testing

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Fri Oct 18 14:08:17 UTC 2013

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 8:37 AM, Lucas Brasilino <lrbbs at cin.ufpe.br> wrote:

> Hi Anne and All
>
> > We've got a draft of the Havana install guide ready for testing. We have
> > matrix of testing at
> > https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/HavanaDocTesting
>
> Although OpenStack installation steps are often tied to a particular
> distro (using its packages, repos and so), is there
> any comprehensive documentation about installing and running it from
> sources? I think that installing and using from sources
> gives us a great 'reference' about how packaged software should be
> installed, and so we can report any problem on those
> distro-based guides.

It comes up from time to time, source-based installs, but we haven't had
the efforts backing the requests so I haven't seen a comprehensive document
for installing and running from source since a wiki page back in 2010 that
I can't find now. :)  Sorry I can't offer anything more modern, but maybe
others on the list have ideas?

Thanks,
Anne