[Openstack] OpenStack Havana 2013.2 Debian packages available

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Thu Oct 17 18:38:00 UTC 2013

Hi,

OpenStack "upstream" was released today. Thanks to the release team and
a big up to TTX for his work.

By the time you read this, probably all of my uploads have reached your
local Debian mirror.

Please try Havana using either Sid from any Debian mirror, or using the
Wheezy backports available here:

deb http://havana.pkgs.enovance.com/debian havana main
deb http://archive.gplhost.com/debian havana-backports main

Yes, you will need *both* repositories. This is unofficial, though these
are the exact same packages as in Sid, just rebuilt for Wheezy.

On the package side, here's what is new:

- All packages who needs it can now be configured through debconf for
the RabbitMQ settings. This is on top of what was already available for
Grizzly, which is automated configuration for: keystone auth token, the
database, the API endpoints and much more. (remember: this is fully
optional, you can always use the non-interactive mode...)

- All Quantum pluggin packages have been removed, and now everything is
self-contained in the neutron-common package. The selection of which
plugin to use is done directly using the core_plugin= directive in
/etc/neutron/neutron.conf. This will also control the init.d script of
neutron-server, so that it loads the corresponding ini file in
/etc/neutron/plugins. The plugin selection is done through Debconf, so
that users don't have to write the full path of the plugin class, which
is (for most) very cryptic (am I the only one who thinks that writing
neutron.plugins.openvswitch.ovs_neutron_plugin.OVSNeutronPluginV2 in a
configuration file is user friendly?).

- All of the package descriptions and Debconf templates have been
reviewed by the Debian internationalization team, and most strings are
translated in Czech, Danish, French, Italian, Japanese and Russian
(sometimes even more) for almost all packages (thanks everyone!).

I'd like to publicly thanks eNovance for sponsoring my packaging work,
and Mehdi Abaakouk for his work on our CI with the tempest tests.

Happy Havana release testing,
Please report bugs through the Debian BTS,

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)