[Openstack] Introducing "Show my network state" utility

Darragh O'Reilly dara2002-openstack at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 16 11:54:50 UTC 2013

Hi Giuliano,

great idea and nice work. I haven't tried it yet as I guess I would need to install X-Windows on servers. Also having to add a sudoers entry makes it less convenient too.

It would be great if you could write a non-graphical helper program that could be called by sudo and it would run all the network commands and save them to a file (text - xml or json preferrably). Then the file could be copied to a laptop and opened with the gui program. Just like you can use -w with tcpdump and open the output file with WireShark. Then people would be able to quickly wget the script/program, run it, and upload the file somewhere. Then others could download the file and open it with the gui, to help diagnose a problem.

Re, Darragh.