[Openstack] OpenStack Core Online Forum > scheduling time for + UTC timezones

Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com
Mon Oct 14 21:35:19 UTC 2013

Michael (& Community)

Good analysis.  So, we got a time (0100 UTC) but my head hurts from thinking about the date.

I'm looking at Tuesday 10/22 @ 0100 UTC (which would be Mon 10/21 @ 2000 for me in Central).

I'd be interested in seeing some +1s on this time before I set it up.

REMINDER: we're doing the - UTC Core Meetup on Wednesday 10/16 @ 1330 UTC.

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: mikalstill at gmail.com [mailto:mikalstill at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Michael Still
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2013 3:18 PM
To: Hirschfeld, Rob
Cc: openstack at lists.openstack.org
Subject: Re: [Openstack] OpenStack Core Online Forum, Oct 16 13:30 UTC #openstack-meeting-alt

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 1:46 PM,  <Rob_Hirschfeld at dell.com> wrote:
> I'd love some suggestions (in UTC) that people think would work best.  AM?
> PM?
>
> My thought is to target 0200 UTC to catch morning without having to go
> too late for US.  Would that work?

I needed a picture to help me figure this out. One, with apologies to timeanddate.com, is at http://www.stillhq.com/openstack/timezones-whatiscore.png . The circles indicate cities I am aware of meetups having happened in, the bar indicates acceptable coverage for the first online session (assuming that acceptable means starts after 8am local time, but not later than 8pm local time).

So, it seems to me that a meetup time that meets these requirements is 8am in UTC +7. That's 1am UTC.

Michael

--
Rackspace Australia