[Openstack] debian grizzly nova-common mysql dbconfig issues

Joe Steeve js at hipro.co.in
Sun Oct 13 05:46:24 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am setting up a grizzly compute node on a Debian Wheezy box. I am
using the archive.gplhost.com repository.

When installing nova-common, the debconf scripts ask for database
information. It does not ask for the host where the database is. It
simply assumes that the db server will be on the localhost. This is not
the case for me, because the mysql server is running on the controller
node.

I skipped/ignored that step and went ahead. I noticed that debconf was
running 'nova-manage db sync' and failing. I am not sure what db
manipulation it is trying to do. The OpenStack manuals dont talk about
any db configuration from the compute node. Should the nova on the
compute-node update anything in the db? Should I force nova-manage to
run again with the right db settings?

Joe

--
Joe Steeve