[Openstack] baremetal os

Ravikanth Samprathi rsamprat at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 01:36:33 UTC 2013

Hi
I have a question regarding which image i should use to pxe boot.
I have a baremetal server which is empty, has no OS and i have setup the
boot option to PXE boot from PXE server.

The PXE server is the openstack baremetal controller.
Following the guidelines from https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Baremetal,
there are these images create:

my-image.qcow2
my-initrd
my-vmlinuz
my-deploy-ramdisk.initramfs
my-deploy-ramdisk.kernel

Which images should i put (ramdisk, kernel) for PXE server to provide as
bootstrap linux images?
And then how do i provide my own set of images to be downloaded in second
stage of the 2 stage imaging process?

Also, where is this vmlinuz-$KERNEL coming from?

 glance image-create --name deploy-vmlinuz --public --disk-format aki
< vmlinuz-$KERNEL

Would appreciate any help.
Thanks
Ravi