[Openstack] What Exactly Flavor Work?

Joe Topjian joe.topjian at cybera.ca
Wed Oct 9 13:52:22 UTC 2013

> My understanding is that automatic resize will occur if the following are
> all true:
> * auto_disk_config=True is set as a property on the image in the Image
> Registry.
> * The disk on the image has only one partition.
> * The file system on the one partition is ext3 or ext4.

I think Xen provides some extra help in this area by doing the resize
itself (I *think*). KVM defers the job to the user.

There was a long discussion on the openstack-operators list about building
CentOS images:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/openstack/operators/25790

The td;dr version would be this post where I link to some scripts that are
able to build a complete CentOS image that resizes as you would expect:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/openstack/operators/28733#28733

Hope that helps,
Joe

--
Joe Topjian
Systems Architect

www.cybera.ca

Cybera is a not-for-profit organization that works to spur and support
innovation, for the economic benefit of Alberta, through the use
of cyberinfrastructure.