[Openstack] Openstack IN a Virtual Machine?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Oct 2 17:02:16 UTC 2013

On 2013-10-02 10:34:55 +0100 (+0100), James Page wrote:
[...]
> we actually do OpenStack testing on OpenStack to support QA
> activities for Ubuntu Server.
[...]

And in fact, every change which gets proposed to OpenStack is tested
many, many, many times before it's allowed in OpenStack by running
OpenStack (DevStack) on OpenStack (donated virtual machines from
OpenStack Foundation member companies who happen to be public cloud
service providers). We quite probably install more individual
instances of OpenStack than anyone else, building and destroying
hundreds of them every hour at the moment, and do it all on virtual
machines managed by other OpenStacks.
--
Jeremy Stanley