[Openstack] Openstack IN a Virtual Machine?

Marco Fornaro Marco.Fornaro at huawei.com
Wed Oct 2 09:04:20 UTC 2013

Hi Bob,

Great!

Thanks so much for your help!

Best Regards

Marco

From: Bob Ball [mailto:bob.ball at citrix.com]
Sent: den 2 oktober 2013 10:54
To: Marco Fornaro; openstack at lists.openstack.org
Subject: RE: Openstack IN a Virtual Machine?

I can't speak for KVM, but this is certainly possible using XenServer.  We've run nested virtualisation and nested OpenStack instances (primarily devstack instances for testing) many times.
There is a degradation in performance, as you would expect from nested virtualisation, but it's definitely functional.

Bob