[Openstack] how to tell dhcp-agent to advertice certain routes?

Ilkka Tengvall ilkka.tengvall at cybercom.com
Tue Oct 1 09:01:24 UTC 2013

On 27.09.2013 21:08, Jonathan Proulx wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 2:06 PM, Jonathan Proulx <jon at jonproulx.com> wrote:
>> Hi Ilkka,
>>
>> I have the same setup you describe below. You simply need to specify
>> "--gateway <your.existing.router.ip>  when running "quantum help
>> subnet-create", this doesn't create an L3 router it just specifies the
>> gateway dhcp gives out.
>
> proof read version of the above (sigh will I never learn):
>
> I have the same setup you describe below. You simply need to specify
> "--gateway <your.existing.router.ip>"  when running "quantum
> subnet-create", this doesn't create an L3 router it just specifies the
> gateway dhcp gives out.

Thanks, it works, except the metadata service is of course missing until
there is quantum router connected. After adding a router we run into
issue that router reservers the .1 ip -address of the given network,
which is in conflict with our real gataway device at the same .1 address.

How to define router with givein ip allocated to router port?