[Openstack] FreeBSD on OpenStack (bsd-cloudinit)

Alessandro Pilotti apilotti at cloudbasesolutions.com
Sat Nov 30 20:02:29 UTC 2013

Congratulations!

Proud to see that it’s based on Cloudbase-Init https://github.com/cloudbase/cloudbase-init/ :-)

This project started from the beginning with the idea of multiplatform support in mind, not only Windows. I’m very happy to see it happening!

Thanks,

Alessandro

On 30 Nov 2013, at 06:29 , Pellaeon Lin <pellaeon at hs.ntnu.edu.tw<mailto:pellaeon at hs.ntnu.edu.tw>> wrote:

Hi,

I and my coworkers built a tool called "bsd-cloudinit" to help create FreeBSD cloud images. It should be quite useful for running FreeBSD instances on OpenStack.

bsd-cloudinit<https://github.com/pellaeon/bsd-cloudinit> is equivalent to cloud-init for FreeBSD, it reads environment variables (metadata) and sets up the instance accordingly on first boot. Things like injecting SSH public keys, setting hostname, enlarging root partition are all handled by bsd-cloudinit.

bsd-cloudinit-installer<https://github.com/pellaeon/bsd-cloudinit-installer> is a shell script that installs bsd-cloudinit and transforms VM into instance template.

Our documentation: http://pellaeon.github.io/bsd-cloudinit/

Feedbacks welcomed!