[Openstack] FreeBSD on OpenStack (bsd-cloudinit)

Pellaeon Lin pellaeon at hs.ntnu.edu.tw
Sat Nov 30 04:29:56 UTC 2013

Hi,

I and my coworkers built a tool called "bsd-cloudinit" to help
create FreeBSD cloud images. It should be quite useful for running
FreeBSD instances on OpenStack.

bsd-cloudinit [1] is equivalent to
cloud-init for FreeBSD, it reads environment variables (metadata) and
sets up the instance accordingly on first boot. Things like injecting
SSH public keys, setting hostname, enlarging root partition are all
handled by bsd-cloudinit.

bsd-cloudinit-installer [2] is a shell
script that installs bsd-cloudinit and transforms VM into instance
template.

Our documentation: http://pellaeon.github.io/bsd-cloudinit/
[3]

Feedbacks welcomed!

--

-------------------------

_Pellaeon
Lin , National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan_

Links:
------
[1]
https://github.com/pellaeon/bsd-cloudinit