[Openstack] Ceilometer network and disk Mb/s measurements

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Thu Nov 28 09:46:34 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 27 2013, Nick Maslov wrote:

Hi Nick,

> I can see that meters for network/disk in Ceilometer are cumulative, and I
> cannot get data about usage of either network nor disk in  Mb/s format.
>
> Can this be done OOTB - or it will require additional coding?

Unfortunately, the Ceilometer API doesn't allow to do that yet.
You'll need to compute that on your own.

> Also - can someone point me to the documentation about creation of my own meters?

If you want to send samples through the API, this is the way:

  http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ceilometer/webapi/v2.html#post--v2-meters-(meter_id)-

--
Julien Danjou
;; Free Software hacker ; independent consultant