[Openstack] Error launching instances

John Smith lbalbalba at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 15:39:49 UTC 2013

Hi,

Im running devstack and am experiencing some trouble when attempting
to launch an instance. I must admit that im a total newbee, so it
might just be that i am just missing something obvious.

I try to launch an instance as follows from the command line :

$ wget https://launchpadlibrarian.net/83303699/cirros-0.3.0-i386-disk.img
$ glance image-create --name=cirros-0.3.0-i386 --is-public=true
--container-format=bare --disk-format=qcow2 <
cirros-0.3.0-i386-disk.img
$ nova boot --flavor m1.nano --image cirros-0.3.0-i386 myvm
$ nova show myvm

But that just gives me an error: "ProcessExecutionError Unexpected
error while running command." (see attachment for full output of 'nova
show myvm, etc.)

Any ideas on what im doing wrong here is appreciated.

Regards,

John Smith.