[Openstack] Openstack and xen issues.

Alvin Starr alvin at netvel.net
Fri Nov 22 15:39:51 UTC 2013

Doh.
Now I feel stupid.

It is getting much farther

Now I am seeing the following but I expect it may be because of all the
other stuff I broke trying to figure out my previous problem.

  Error: 'volume_id'
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/opt/stack/nova/nova/compute/manager.py", line 1030, in
_build_instance
      set_access_ip=set_access_ip)
    File "/opt/stack/nova/nova/compute/manager.py", line 1439, in _spawn
      LOG.exception(_('Instance failed to spawn'), instance=instance)
    File "/opt/stack/nova/nova/compute/manager.py", line 1436, in _spawn
      block_device_info)
    File "/opt/stack/nova/nova/virt/xenapi/driver.py", line 219, in spawn
      admin_password, network_info, block_device_info)
    File "/opt/stack/nova/nova/virt/xenapi/vmops.py", line 351, in spawn
      network_info, block_device_info, name_label, rescue)
    File "/opt/stack/nova/nova/virt/xenapi/vmops.py", line 499, in _spawn
      undo_mgr.rollback_and_reraise(msg=msg, instance=instance)
    File "/opt/stack/nova/nova/utils.py", line 823, in rollback_and_reraise
      self._rollback()
    File "/opt/stack/nova/nova/virt/xenapi/vmops.py", line 477, in _spawn
      name_label)
    File "/opt/stack/nova/nova/virt/xenapi/vmops.py", line 139, in inner
      rv = f(*args, **kwargs)
    File "/opt/stack/nova/nova/virt/xenapi/vmops.py", line 339, in
create_disks_step
      disk_image_type, block_device_info=block_device_info)
    File "/opt/stack/nova/nova/virt/xenapi/vm_utils.py", line 535, in
get_vdis_for_instance
      vdi_uuid = get_vdi_uuid_for_volume(session, connection_data)
    File "/opt/stack/nova/nova/virt/xenapi/vm_utils.py", line 488, in
get_vdi_uuid_for_volume
      sr_uuid, label, sr_params =
volume_utils.parse_sr_info(connection_data)
    File "/opt/stack/nova/nova/virt/xenapi/volume_utils.py", line 213,
in parse_sr_info
      params = parse_volume_info(connection_data)
    File "/opt/stack/nova/nova/virt/xenapi/volume_utils.py", line 232,
in parse_volume_info
      volume_id = connection_data['volume_id']
  KeyError: 'volume_id'

A partly off topic question.
Why not use rdb-fuse and mount the ceph blobs as files instead of going
through libvirt?

--
Alvin Starr                   ||   voice: (905)513-7688
alvin at netvel.net              ||