[Openstack] VNC issue with multi compute node with openstack havana

Vikash Kumar vikash.kumar at oneconvergence.com
Thu Nov 21 04:05:54 UTC 2013

Hi,

  I used devstack Multi-Node + VLANs to install openstack-havana recently.
Installation was successful and i verified basic things like vm launch,
ping between vm's.

  I have two nodes: 1. Ctrl+Compute  2. Compute

  The VM which gets launched on second compute node (here 2, see above)
doesn't gets vnc console. I tried to acces from both horizon and the url
given by nova-cli.

   The *n-novnc* screen on first node which is controller (here 1) gave
this error log:

   Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/websockify/websocket.py",
line 711, in top_new_client
    self.new_client()
  File "/opt/stack/nova/nova/console/websocketproxy.py", line 68, in
new_client
    tsock = self.socket(host, port, connect=True)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/websockify/websocket.py",
line 188, in socket
    sock.connect(addrs[0][4])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/eventlet/greenio.py", line
192, in connect
    socket_checkerr(fd)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/eventlet/greenio.py", line
46, in socket_checkerr
    raise socket.error(err, errno.errorcode[err])
error: [Errno 111] ECONNREFUSED

  The vnc related configuration in nova.conf on Ctrl+Compute node:

   vncserver_proxyclient_address = 127.0.0.1
   vncserver_listen = 127.0.0.1
   vnc_enabled = true
   xvpvncproxy_base_url = http://192.168.2.151:6081/console
   novncproxy_base_url = http://192.168.2.151:6080/vnc_auto.html

   and on second Compute node:
  /* I corrected the I.P. of first two address, by default it sets to
127.0.0.1 */
   vncserver_proxyclient_address = 192.168.2.157
   vncserver_listen = 0.0.0.0
   vnc_enabled = true
   xvpvncproxy_base_url = http://192.168.2.151:6081/console
   novncproxy_base_url = http://192.168.2.151:6080/vnc_auto.html

    I also added the host name of compute node in hosts file of
controllernode. With this ERORR 111 gone and new error came.

    connecting to: 192.168.2.157:-1
  7: handler exception: [Errno -8] Servname not supported for ai_socktype
  7: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/websockify/websocket.py",
line 711, in top_new_client
    self.new_client()
  File "/opt/stack/nova/nova/console/websocketproxy.py", line 68, in
new_client
    tsock = self.socket(host, port, connect=True)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/websockify/websocket.py",
line 180, in socket
    socket.IPPROTO_TCP, flags)
  gaierror: [Errno -8] Servname not supported for ai_socktype

   What need to be done to resolve this ?

Thnx