[Openstack] oraclelinux and cloud-init with config drive

Cristian Falcas cristi.falcas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 17:41:05 UTC 2013

How I fixed this for my case (it may be that cloud-init can't set
netowrking on redhat clones):
0. No cloud-init needed

1. In nova.conf:
force_config_drive = True
config_drive_cdrom = True
flat_injected = True
libvirt_inject_partition=-1

2. Replace /usr/share/nova/interfaces.template with this:
{% for ifc in interfaces -%}
###################### start
DEVICE="{{ ifc.name }}"
NM_CONTROLLED="no"
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR={{ ifc.address }}
NETMASK={{ ifc.netmask }}
BROADCAST={{ ifc.broadcast }}
GATEWAY={{ ifc.gateway }}

### DNS={{ ifc.dns }}
{%- endfor %}

3. Have my own script mount /dev/disk/by-label/config-2 and parse
openstack/latest/meta_data.json for domain name and network info file