[Openstack] [neutron] neutron-ovs-cleanup: which distros require manual invocation

Darragh O'Reilly dara2002-openstack at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 18 07:37:18 UTC 2013

Hi Lorin,

I had a look at a Ubuntu installation and the package install scripts do not

configure neutron-ovs-cleanup to run at boot time.

OVS
 has its own database, and at boot it recreates any internal interfaces

(qr-, qg- and dhcp taps) in the root namespace. The l3 and dhcp
agents don't

seem to have a problem with that. They create their
namespaces and move the

interfaces into them and ensure the mac addresses are correct.

I think neutron-ovs-cleanup is only needed if you are not using network

namespaces. But I don't know why you would want to do that as Ubuntu Precise
always had namespace support.

Regards,
Darragh.