[Openstack] [rhos-list] dns problem for instances

Xin Zhao xzhao at bnl.gov
Fri Nov 15 22:16:15 UTC 2013

Thanks for all the reply, as Paul said, the dnsmasq version doesn't
appear to be the issue here.

I also tested dns between 2 different VM subnets, instances can ping
each other across subnets, they can also reach dns server of the other
subnet. But hostname can't be resolved across subnets.
Although I am not sure if this is the same issue as it is for the
outgoing nameserver, or a feature by design ...

Thanks,
Xin