[Openstack] WORM support

Perez, Daniel - ES daniel.perez at exelisinc.com
Wed Nov 13 16:47:29 UTC 2013

I have read through the documentation and do not see mention of WORM object stores.  I am looking to integrate SWIFT into a storage subsystem that is a backup system, or WORM device.  It has the ability to "delete" objects, but it is not spinning disk, so the cost of "tombstone" files is high.  I noticed the architecture relies on these tombstone files to, "ensure that the item is removed from the entire system."  I am wondering if I can circumvent the use of tombstone files?

Daniel Perez

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Exelis Inc. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Exelis Inc. accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.