[Openstack] Troubleshooting when launching instances

Dheerendra dheerendra.madhusudhana at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 17:15:52 UTC 2013

1. Is it multi node setup ?
2. Are you using nova-network ?

Hope you have enough resources on compute. Most probably it could be
failing while making network setup or while getting the images from glance.
1. You can setup the nova in to debug mode by modifying the nova.conf and
look at the nova-compute.log and nova-scheduler.log.
2. This should help. You can send /var/log/nova/nova*.log. I can look at
them. Look at the /log/var/syslog as well.
3. Try  that second compute node just has only compute service and rest of
the services(keystone, glance, controller).
4. Hope nova image-list and nova host-list etc commands are running fine.

-Dheerendra