[Openstack] Floating IPs Per-Project

Wolfgang Richter wolf at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Nov 8 17:17:22 UTC 2013

Is there a way to ensure that floating IP's, even when released from a
project, can not be used by other projects?

What I mean is can you restrict which projects individual floating IPs
may be assigned to?

Or is the current best practice to assign them in order to projects
ahead of time and keep that static (never release them from key
projects).

Use case:

There is one group of "servers" which we want assigned specific IPs to
match DNS entires outside of our control.  That is, something.tld maps
to a static IP which we do not have control over, although we have
ownership of the static IP.  We do not want this IP when added to
OpenStack to be assigned to any random project.  We want it restricted
to a special project.

--
Wolf