[Openstack] Is there a way to tell Nova not to count NFS-mounted instances directory to disk space on each node?

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Thu Nov 7 19:08:30 UTC 2013

On 11/07/2013 12:53 PM, Razique Mahroua wrote:
> I think during the migrations, the compute topic already checks whether
> or not the storage is a shared one

You are correct, but it does it by creating a temporary file on one node
and testing for it on the other node.  Kind of ugly, and this technique
doesn't work for the "evacuate" case where one of the compute nodes is down.

Also, the "nova host-evacuate" command currently cannot handle a mix of
instances on local storage and instances booting from cinder volumes
(which counts as shared storage, as far as I can tell).  So you have to
do all of one type one at a time, and then you can do the rest all in a
bunch.

Chris