[Openstack] Storage decision

Stuart Longland stuartl at vrt.com.au
Tue Nov 5 07:52:03 UTC 2013

On 04/11/13 20:54, Julien De Freitas wrote:
> Hi Maciej,
>
> Tell me if i'm wrong but with block device you have two solutions :
> 1 - Use it with cinder and have to specify Boot From volume when
> creating a VM

You can also use Ceph RBD to store images in Glance as well as Cinder.

http://ceph.com/docs/master/rbd/rbd-openstack/

I followed those steps and after a few glitches initially (that were
self inflicted; typo in my deployment script) I had things working.

The other option might be, if you want a shared FS, is to share the RBD
between hosts and use a clustered filesystem like GFS2 on it.

Regards,
--
Stuart Longland
Contractor