[Openstack] Storage decision

Razique Mahroua razique.mahroua at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 10:02:48 UTC 2013

Hey :)
so what was happening is that basically the FS was just working fine on basic operations (meaning that don’t involve much I/O load), but when it came to migrate instances, the FS made the load on the server increase, and all of a sudden, the server hanged (kernel panic), and every time I had to reboot.
I’ve been able to reproduce that exact behaviour on three different servers (that passed the iozone/ bonnie++/ vdbench tests without hanging)

Regarding Ceph RBD, if I’m not mistaken, you cannot use it as a shared disk since you still need to put a FS on it