[Openstack] Storage decision

Julien De Freitas bada.boum at outlook.com
Sun Nov 3 15:13:36 UTC 2013

Hi guys,I knows that question has been treated hundreds of times but i cannot find 1 good answer.Moreover, since Havana extend support for cinder and gluster it could be nice to review the question.
What I currently use on my plateform :
I configured Nexenta to provide NFS and iScsi target :NFS Instance disk : i mounted a volume on each compute node and configured the NFS on nova.conf. Iscsi for cinder back end : I configured iScsi so when i create a volume it create an iScsi volume and i'm then able to mount in inside instance.But the problem is that the replication module for nexenta to get a HA storage system is expensive and it's not a distributed file system.
My goal : store instances ephemeral storage on a performant, highly available and cheap storage system configured for live migration :D
To achieve this, I studied read about CephFS  and glusterFS.But Ceph is marked has not ready for production and GlusterFS seems to have some concerned about performance.
What do you think ? Does anyone have production experiences on GlusterFS or Ceph ?
Thanks