[Openstack] Ceilometer-collector does not receive anything

Afef MDHAFFAR afef.mdhaffar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 15:01:53 UTC 2013

Hi all,

We have launched devstack to install openstack, while including ceilometer.
We use XCP as hypervisor, Ubuntu 12.04. The used openstack version is
2014.1.

When running ceilometer-collector, consumers get registered on every topic
and exchange, but never actually consume anything. We tested this with
different amqp libraries, while sending messages to those topics and
exchanges. Not even
ceilometer.openstack.common.rpc.impl_kombu.BasicConsumer._callback gets
called.

As we are interested in notifications from our own source, has anyone
experienced this behaviour or a working system with notifications?

Thank you

Best regards,
Afef

Here are our configuration files:

---------------
ceilometer-collector.conf:
[DEFAULT]
verbose=True
auth_strategy=keystone
allow_resize_to_same_host=True
api_paste_config=/etc/nova/api-paste.ini
rootwrap_config=/etc/nova/rootwrap.conf
compute_scheduler_driver=nova.scheduler.filter_scheduler.FilterScheduler
dhcpbridge_flagfile=/etc/nova/nova.conf
force_dhcp_release=True
fixed_range=10.0.0.0/24
s3_host=ip
s3_port=3333
osapi_compute_extension=nova.api.openstack.compute.contrib.standard_extensions
my_ip=ip
sql_connection=mysql://user:passwd@localhost/nova?charset=utf8
libvirt_type=qemu
libvirt_cpu_mode=none
instance_name_template=instance-%08x
enabled_apis=ec2,osapi_compute,metadata
volume_api_class=nova.volume.cinder.API
state_path=/opt/stack/data/nova
lock_path=/opt/stack/data/nova
instances_path=/opt/stack/data/nova/instances
multi_host=True
send_arp_for_ha=True
logging_debug_format_suffix=^[[00;33mfrom (pid=%(process)d) %(funcName)s
%(pathname)s:%(lineno)d^[[00m
logging_exception_prefix=%(color)s%(asctime)s TRACE %(name)s
^[[01;35m%(instance)s^[[00m
instance_usage_audit=True
instance_usage_audit_period=hour
notification_driver=nova.openstack.common.notifier.rpc_notifier
notification_driver=ceilometer.compute.nova_notifier
notify_on_state_change=vm_and_task_state
notify_api_faults=true
network_manager=nova.network.manager.FlatDHCPManager
public_interface=eth3
vlan_interface=eth1
flat_network_bridge=xapi0
flat_interface=eth1
novncproxy_base_url=http://ip:6080/vnc_auto.html
xvpvncproxy_base_url=http://ip:6081/console
vncserver_listen=127.0.0.1
vncserver_proxyclient_address=169.254.0.1
ec2_dmz_host=ip
rabbit_host=localhost
rabbit_password=passwd
glance_api_servers=ip:9292
compute_driver=xenapi.XenAPIDriver
xenapi_connection_url=http://ip1
xenapi_connection_username=user
xenapi_connection_password=passwd
flat_injected=False
firewall_driver=nova.virt.firewall.IptablesFirewallDriver
sr_matching_filter=default-sr:true

-------------------
ceilometer.conf
[DEFAULT]
policy_file = /etc/ceilometer/policy.json

mysql_engine=InnoDB
sqlite_db=ceilometer.sqlite
#connection=sqlite:////ceilometer/openstack/common/db/$sqlite_db

backend=sqlalchemy

connection=sqlite:////opt/stack/ceilometer/ceilometer/openstack/common/db/ceilometer.sqlite

http_control_exchanges=nova
http_control_exchanges=glance
#http_control_exchanges=neutron
#http_control_exchanges=cinder

pipeline_cfg_file=pipeline.yaml

sample_source=openstack

nova_control_exchange=nova
glance_control_exchange=glance

verbose=true

publish_errors=true

notification_driver=ceilometer.openstack.common.notifier.rpc_notifier2
default_notification_level=INFO

policy_file=policy.json
policy_default_rule=default

rabbit_password = passwd
rabbit_host = localhost
verbose = True
notification_topics = notifications,glance_notifications
rpc_backend = ceilometer.openstack.common.rpc.impl_kombu
auth_strategy=keystone
control_exchange=openstack

[publisher_rpc]
metering_topic=metering

[keystone_authtoken]
admin_tenant_name = demo
admin_password = passwd
admin_user = admin
auth_protocol = http

rabbit_ha_queues=false

[service_credentials]
# Username to use for openstack service access (string value)
os_username=admin

# Password to use for openstack service access (string value)
os_password=passwd

# Tenant ID to use for openstack service access (string value)
os_tenant_id=

# Tenant name to use for openstack service access (string
# value)
os_tenant_name=demo

# Certificate chain for SSL validation (string value)
#os_cacert=<None>

# Auth URL to use for openstack service access (string value)
os_auth_url=http://ip:5000/v2.0

# Region name to use for openstack service endpoints (string
# value)
os_region_name=RegionOne

[collector]
store_events=true