[Openstack] [metering] Ceilometer High Availability

Dan Dyer dan.dyer00 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 00:54:29 UTC 2013

Julien,

Is there a session focused on HA and distributed collection at the
summit? As we have been discussing in a separate thread, we (HP) have
been approaching this in terms of configuration management, but the real
requirement is to be able to distribute collection at runtime to support
scalability and HA. Our current collector (pre-ceilometer) looks at its
configuration at runtime to determine if its primary and which sources
it needs to collect from. This allows us to run multiple instances of
collection in parallel with synchronization. We will need the same
capabilities from ceilometer.

Dan