[Openstack] [Cinder] Re: Multiple machines hosting cinder-volumes with Folsom ?

Jérôme Gallard jeronimo974 at gmail.com
Fri May 31 12:26:48 UTC 2013

Hi Sylvain,

Great to know that you found how to solve your issue.

Thanks for reporting that you found the Grizzly doc confusing.
In fact, the Grizzly release introduced the multi-backend feature. This
feature allows to have more than one backend on a same compute (ie, to be
able to have several cinder-volume running on a same compute). This feature
is not available in Folsom: you can only run one cinder-volume per compute
(in that case, if you want to manage several backends, you have to have
several computes).

Thanks a lot for your remarks,
Jérôme