[Openstack] Using openstack to manage dedicated servers in a service provider setting

Chris Bartels chris at christopherbartels.com
Sun May 26 23:02:13 UTC 2013

I had originally wanted to deploy full server sized KVM instances and rent
VPS' that way, but it was brought to my attention that a certain market
segment which I'm targeting- tech startups, who are testing apps on these
rentals, are unable to get reliable metrics because of the software between
their app & the hardware. So I've shifted gears to offering dedicated
servers instead, to remove that layer of interference.

Couldn't I re-flash the BIOS between each tenant to be sure there isn't any
problem with it?