[Openstack] Using openstack to manage dedicated servers in a service provider setting

Chris Bartels chris at christopherbartels.com
Sun May 26 19:01:47 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm working on a startup that aims to rent dedicated servers to tech
startups, and I would like to use OpenStack to manage the servers I rent
out.

I saw on the OpenStack Foundation YouTube channel there was a video there
about using OpenStack to manage bare metal, but the presenter in the video
had such a strong accent that I couldn't understand anything they were
saying & didn't learn a thing from the video.

I'm interested in learning the basics about what OpenStack can do with bare
metal, and what its limitations are when deployed in this manner.

Would someone kindly direct me to resources that would explain this to me
please?

If anyone else has experience in this use case I'd love to hear from you to
learn from your experience.

Thank you.

Regards,

Chris