[Openstack] Swift questions

Mark Brown ntdeveloper2002 at yahoo.com
Wed May 22 13:59:44 UTC 2013

Thank you for the responses Chuck.

As part of a rebalance, the replicator, I would assume, copies the object from the old partition to the new partition, and then deletes it from the old partition. Is that a fair assumption?

Also, is there anything that explains in more detail how the handoff node is picked? What if the ring changes and the data still lives on the handoff node?

-- Mark